Louisiana Flooding News and Resources
- National Flood Insurance Program
- FEMA declaration for Louisiana flooding
- Office of the NFIP policyholder advocate
- Louisiana Insurance Commissioner asks FEMA for NFIP Proof of Loss deadline extension
- FEMA bulletin granting 120-day extension to NFIP Proof of Loss deadline
- Louisiana Executive Order granting extensions of time for paying premiums and preparing insurance claims, suspends policy cancelations
- Louisiana Executive Order suspending certain legal and tax deadlines
- FEMA bulletin authorizing $5000 advancement payment on NFIP policies for victims of flooding in Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Texas
- Watch previous flood workshops United Policyholders hosted in Colorado
- National Disaster Legal Aid
- Disaster Legal Services (American Bar Association)
- Free legal assistance for Louisiana flood victims
Much of this information has been compiled from the Louisiana REALTORS® (LR) website.
Information for Real Estate ProfessionalsOn September 1, 2016, Louisiana REALTORS® partnered with the CCIM Institute and Louisiana CCIM to provide a Flood & Disaster Information Session to discuss issues about insurance, taxes, inspections, mold, property values and contracts. Over 100 REALTORS® and bankers from around the state tuned in for the live presentation and the recording of this presentation along with all supplemental materials and handouts referenced are provided on this page.
RECORDING: Flood/Disaster Relief Information Session for Residential and Commercial REALTORS®